Vietnamese citizens and foreigners receive electronic identification accounts. Here is the information about the electronic identification account.
1. What is the foreigner’s electronic identification account?
Electronic identification refers to the activities of registering, comparing, creating and associating electronic identities with electronic identity owners.
Currently, state agencies carry out electronic identification of Vietnamese citizens and foreigners. Within this identification number of a foreigner is meant a unique sequence of natural digits established by the electronic identification and authentication system to manage the electronic identity of a foreign person.
In accordance with Article 8 of Decree No. 59/2022/ND-CP, the electronic identities of foreigners cover:
– Personal information: electronic identities of foreigners, full name, date of birth, gender, citizenship, number, symbol, date of issue, type of document and place of issue of a passport or an international travel document.
– Biometric information: portrait photo, fingerprints
The purposes of electronic identities of foreigners aged 14 and over entering Vietnam. For foreigners under the age of 14 or under guardianship, registration must be made through the electronic identification accounts of their fathers, mothers or guardians (Article 11, Decree 59).
2. What is the foreigner’s electronic identification account used for?
Foreign electronic identification accounts are:
– The level 1 electronic identification account for a foreign electronic identity owner is as valid to prove the information of the person in the activities and transactions required as the personal information.
– Level 2 electronic ID account for a foreign electronic ID holder is as valid as using their passport or valid international travel documents to conduct transactions.
At the same time, such use is also valid for the information contained in the foreigner’s documents which have been synchronized in his electronic identification account for comparison by the competent agencies and bodies when carrying out transactions requiring the presentation of these documents.
3. How to register the electronic identification account of foreigners?
3.1. Registration for electronic identification level 1 accounts
According to Clause 1, Article 15, Decree 59/2022, foreigners must use mobile devices to register electronic identification level 1 accounts in VNelD.
Foreigners should use VNelD to enter information about their valid passport or international travel documents and email addresses or phone numbers (if applicable). Provide information in accordance with the instructions on VNelD.
Take portrait photos from mobile devices and send requests for electronic ID accounts to the agency managing electronic identification and authentication via VNelD.
The organization managing the electronic identification will notify the result of the registration via VNelD or SMS or e-mail.
3.2. Registration for electronic identification level 2 accounts
Clause 2, Article 15, Decree 59 prescribes that foreigners must complete the procedures for registering electronic identity accounts with the immigration management agency of the Ministry of Public Security or provincial security departments public.
The foreigner must present passports or international travel documents. At the same time, provide email addresses or phone numbers (if applicable) and request additional information to be incorporated into eID accounts.
Officers receive and enter information provided by foreigners into the electronic identification and authentication system; take portrait photos and fingerprints of foreigners who come to perform authentication procedures with the Citizen Identity Database.
After confirming the consent to register for the creation of electronic identity accounts, the immigration management agency submits a request for the granting of electronic identification accounts to the agency managing the identification and registration. electronic authentication.
The result of the level 2 electronic identification accounts must be noted. The organization managing the electronic identification will notify the result of the registration via VNelD or SMS or e-mail.
3.3. Time limit
In accordance with clause 2, article 17, the deadlines for granting an electronic identification account are as follows:
– The granting of level 1 electronic identification accounts: not exceeding 1 working day;
– The granting of level 2 electronic identification accounts:
· Not exceeding 3 business days for granting Level 2 Electronic ID accounts with portrait photo and fingerprint information in the National Immigration Database;
· Not exceeding 7 working days but there is no information about portrait photos and fingerprints in the National Immigration Database.
Here is the information about the electronic identification accounts of foreigners.